This page allows Community Health Workers to pay for Certification.
Please visit the Kentucky Office of Community Health Workers at the link below
The Kentucky Department for Public Health, Office of Community Health Workers is the certifying body for CHW Certification in Kentucky.
For complete information on certification or questions regarding
CHW Certification please contact CHW.Certification@ky.gov
Community Health Worker Certification
- Currently live in Kentucky and/or employed as a CHW in Kentucky
- Legal U.S. resident at least 18 years old
- Demonstrate approved CHW core competencies
- Submit completed application to the Kentucky Office of Community Health Workers
- Submit certification fee to the Kentucky Association of Community Health Workers
- Training-based: For CHWs who have completed a CHW training program of at least 40 hours in-class instruction and 40 hours of field work.
- Experience-based: For applicants with at least 2,500 hours as a CHW over the past 3 years.
- General Application
- Color Photo
- Professional Reference
- $50 Certification fee for first time certification or
$25 Recertification fee if recertifying paid directly to KYACHW.
To pay for CERTIFICATION only
To pay for RECERTIFICATION only