The Kentucky Department for Public Health, Office of Community Health Workers is the certifying body for CHW Certification in Kentucky.
Community Health Worker Certification
PLEASE BE ADVISED: As of January 2023,
all Community Health Worker Certification payments must be paid directly to the Office of Community Health Workers within the Department for Public Health. You will no longer be paying for Certification through the KYACHW website.
For information or questions regarding CHW Certification please email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Become a Certified CHW
- Currently live in Kentucky and/or employed as a CHW in Kentucky
- Legal U.S. resident at least 18 years old
- Demonstrate approved CHW core competencies
- Submit completed application to the Kentucky Office of Community Health Workers
- Submit certification fee to the Kentucky Association of Community Health Workers
- Training-based: For CHWs who have completed a CHW training program of at least 40 hours in-class instruction and 40 hours of field work.
- Experience-based: For applicants with at least 2,500 hours as a CHW over the past 3 years.
- General Application
- Color Photo
- Professional Reference
- $50 Certification fee for first time certification or
$25 Recertification fee if recertifying